Sue's Direct Payments


News and Information

Sue's Story

More about Direct Payments


Get in touch...

Other sites of interest
How to get in touch
Previous page


Where do I go for more information?

Information to Download:
You have the choice to find out more information in two booklets. One of them is an easy read version. They can be downloaded from the Department of Health website or ordered over the telephone. 'A guide to receiving direct payments from your local council' (code 31006) is the name of the standard booklet.

The easy read booklet is called 'An easy guide to receiving direct payments from your local council' (code 33291).

If you order the easy read booklet over the telephone, you can ask for a pack which includes a book, a CD-ROM and an audio tape.

To order a copy of either publication, call the Department of Health publications orderline. Please quote the code number.

Telephone: 08701 555 455
Textphone: 08700 102 870

Lines are open from 8.00 am to 6.00 pm, Monday to Friday.

Each council implements direct payments in its own way. They will also be able to put you in touch with local support services.
You may also find it useful to discuss your situation with other disabled people who have experience of using direct payments.

Back to list of questions

How can I appeal against a decision?
If you are unhappy with any action, decision or failing by your local council you can use your local council's complaints procedure.
If you're unhappy with services being provided by an agency or carer, you should complain to the agency or take it up with the individual.

Depending on the nature of the complaint the Department of Employment Agency Standards Inspectorate may be able to take it up.

Telephone: 08459 555 105
Email: (for enquiries about agencies only)

(Reproduced from

Back to list of questions

Help and Advocacy from Age Concern Leicester, Shire and Rutland

Age Concern have a service to help people of all ages to understand what Direct Payments are and sort out problems if they are already on them. Here is a link to more detail about their services.

Help from Age Concern

Back to list of questions

Previous page
Website Design, Construction and Hosting by Morgan Gleave Art and Design. © 2007/2008